Friday, June 13, 2014

Assignment That I Am The Most Proud of

Let me start this with a disclaimer; The assignment that I am the most proud of does not mean the assignment for which I received the highest grade. In fact, on paper, it was one of my weaker assignments of the semester. However, it had deeper meaning to myself and myself alone. My "Who am I" video was different. Most people in the class used many images in there's; this makes perfect sense, as this is a photography class. However, I wanted to make something that was more than a slideshow. I wanted to showcase something that has been a huge part of who I am and how I spend large parts of my life. My video was not a place I go, but rather a skill I have that I use almost everyday. It is something that I build huge sections of my life around. Pictures of drums could not capture this, and therefore my movie was mostly videos. Though it was for a photo class, this video really opened my eyes to a different artistic side of myself. At the end of this year, I've been assigned to make videos for two different classes, this being one. In both, I've had extraordinary amounts of fun, and found myself watching each one hundreds of times. Making videos gives you an incredible position. You are the director. What you see in your head is what you see on screen. Being able to go back and watch something that you've created gives me a sense of pride that I couldn't get otherwise. In the future, I can see myself making videos all the time, and this assignment was a piece of that spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment